More Than A Decade Of Proven Results
If a journal has been excessively worn or "Burned Out" all the hardness is gone. It may be ground to an undersize but that softness often limits the life of the engine in a matter of hours.
Hardness Versus Flexibility
The harder a crankshaft journal is made, the less flexibility it has. The designer bears this in mind when selecting the correct steel for strength and wear resistance while still maintaining flexibility to resist breaking from torsional twist.
With exotic alloys, he could create a maximum of hardness and flexibility, but the cost of an entire shaft from these metals would be prohibitive. The result is a compromise.
The amazing feature of The Gleason Process, however, is its ability to provide both hardness and flexibility, at a very economical cost.
As Good Or Better Than New!
The Gleason Process uses a combination of unique welding materials and special application techniques to allow sophisticated alloys to be fused onto crankshaft journals so you receive proper OEM Rockwell "C" Hardness, plus a remarkable degree of flexibility.
The result is a rebuilt crankshaft that is stronger, and more flexible.
Only from Gleason
The Gleason Process is so unique that it has been carefully patent protected. In fact, patents have been issued in several countries around the world. Others have tried to simulate the process but have not been successful.
For more than a decade, Gleason has been recognized* as the finest method for rebuilding worn or damaged crankshafts. This respected reputation has been protected by only allowing specially trained shopsto offer the Gleason Process.
*The Gleason Process is recognized by Komatsu.
The Gleason Process
- A patented process for rebuilding crankshaft journals to OEM Rockwell "C" hardness specs, while adding flexibility.
- Provides a crack and pit free surface the first time! No Rework!
- Reproduces hardness and flexibility.
- No pre-grinding! Weld Deposits pass magnetic particle inspection 100%.
- Also works on nitrided, chemicall heat treated shafts without pre-grinding!
- Free trial size sample available! *(Call or Fax for Details)